What's a good game controller???
    I'm trying to play games like Hitman or any FPS on my MacBoo Pro. What are some compatible game controllers with dual joysticks?? I had the Logitech Dual Action but programs like USB Overdrive couldn't completely calibrate my right stick. I needed it in Hitman to control the camera. SO are there any controllers that are completely compatible with my mac and these games that dont also require usb overdrive or gamepad companion?? if there really arent controllers that will work without those programs, which ones will work well with the games im playing? thanks

I think the Xbox 360 controller is the best controller out. There is a driver here that appears to fully support it.

thanks. im gonna get one right away and shoot bad guys.

Unhappy right stick calibration
    I got the wired 360 controller and downloaded the driver above. The buttons all work fine when i open the xbox 360 controller preference pane. But when im in games like hitman contracts or spiderman 2, the games option menus don't seem to give me the ability to play with a controller. So i end up mapping everything through gamepad companion for those two games and everything works fine except my right analog stick. Although theres no twitchyness or screen jumps when im in the preference pane making sure all the buttons respond, the right stick that mainly acts as my camera or reticule is twitchy and all over the place. This makes aiming impossible. Ive read other reviews saying that the controller works fine on their macbook pros. any suggestions to fix this problem? turning down the sensitivity so the reticule flows smoothly across the screen instead of jerking in all sorts of directions.

finally
    i actually answered my own question for those interested: in gamepad companion i chose mapping method one rather than mapping method 2 and i got the non-jumpy aiming/camera. bangin'

game controller
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokingFetus View Post
    I think the Xbox 360 controller is the best controller out. There is a driver here that appears to fully support it.
    got me a mac air...u think the 360 controller would work for me???

Thread Information