New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Looking for best Mac Multifunctional printer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kelliebellie

kelliebellie is on a distinguished road

I have a Brother multifunctional that is supposed to be wireless and have all the bells and whistles, but of course many don't work with Mac. I can't scan through the network (in fact lately I can't scan at all), etc., etc.

I want my new iMac to be upstairs and be able to wirelessly scan/print/fax/copy to the machine downstairs. I'm giving my Brother to my parents who will be happy with it and their pc's, and they are buying me a new one. But which one?!? I haven't been able to find one that will have all functions operational by a Mac.

I forgot to add that I want a monochrome laser printer and it does have to have a fax.
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

A good multifunction MAC compatible printer is the Epson RX640 - not wireless though
QUOTE Thanks
jrh0981

jrh0981 is on a distinguished road

i love the hp6180. the 802.11g wireless multi-printer networks flawlessly with my airport station and 2 windows pcs and 2 macs. scanning through the network is not a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

I have a Brother multifunctional and it works great, it is connected however to an Airport Extreme.
QUOTE Thanks
jennymac

jennymac will become famous soon enough

Ok, so this is a MAJOR bump, but I'm looking for an inkjet AIO wireless printer - I've researched so much that I'm thoroughly confused. I have a Canon Pixma MP610 which I really like, but it isn't wireless and I've tried everything to get it to print from my MB (I have an iMac also) to no avail. I'm using an Airport Extreme as well. Even paid $10 to Canon phone support - waste of money. Suggestions?

Oh, don't print many pics, so that isn't a big deal
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

HP C6380 works great for me.
QUOTE Thanks
gixxersean

gixxersean will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::

stay away from HP! I've had nothing but problems with them. Prints when it wants to...shuts off then won't turn back on w/o unplugging it...feed takes multiple pages when trying to just print one page...They're wastes of money and I will never buy one again. I think my wireless one was the c4580 but I could be wrong
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennymac View Post
Ok, so this is a MAJOR bump ... I have a Canon Pixma MP610 ... I've tried everything to get it to print from my MB.
Bumping right on back to your MP610, how is it not printing from your MB? Canon are normally the most reliable of printers with Mac. Perhaps we can deal with that issue first.

Quote:
Oh, don't print many pics, so that isn't a big deal
How about this one (and for the OP as well)? Canon Pixma MP980 All in One Wireless Printer - Multifunction Laser & Inkjets - Elive.co.nz, in particular the Specs. Translate that NZ website to one in the US/your country.

Because I too don't print many colour pics, I invested in a Brother mono laser printer. It is utterly reliable. For inkjet printing, scanning, copying, I have a Canon MP110. Not wireless, basic, but then I've seldom understood the logic of having a wireless printer unless it's associated with a LAN. It's such a simple matter to plug in a USB connection.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Questions about accessories for Notebooks | dell drivers for latitude d520 »