New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

EyeTV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

For an indoor antenna - I have had the best success with this type of antenna.

Have tried many other indoor antennas in the $80-$150 range, none were as good as this cheapo.

However, this antenna is UHF only. Most digital broadcasts are on the UHF band. However, look at your list from antennaweb and see if you have any VHF stations you want or not. Only one is VHF in my location, all others are UHF.

This cheapo indoor antenna is also directional, and you will need to be able to point it at the broadcast towers.

I have not tried the antennas that attach to the satellite dish. Have heard good and bad reviews on them. If you buy from Radio Shack, their policy on returning is very good.

If you are in an apartment complex and go to mounting a rooftop style antenna on your patio - be warned, they may make you take it down.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Teh_Derek

Teh_Derek is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: C2D 2.0, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD

This is the kind I got.

From Radio Shack.
The guy who helped me lives in the area, in an apartment and he uses that and it works perfectly.

I would like to get mainly Fox setup with recordings, any other channels are fine, any help is fine.

Thanks.

Desktop.Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz/Gigabyte 965P-DS3/Ultra 500watt/Patriot 1gb/Nvidia 7900gs/500gb,250gb,200gb.
MacBook.
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz/1GB DDR2 667/80GB.
QUOTE Thanks
Teh_Derek

How do I get more channels, and close to every channel in HD?

Cause now, I get a few channels, and two of them are in HD.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Since the guy at Radio shack says that antenna works "perfectly", I suggest you give him a call.

QUOTE Thanks
pntbllchaz

pntbllchaz is on a distinguished road

im getting a 24inch imac and want to watch tv on it, im going to get the eye tv hybrid and in my house we have a digital cable box that has hd and analog tv, imy mac will be in my room and i want to just watch tv, do i need to get an antenna of somesort or will the eye tv just pick up the signal from the cable box downstairs
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

You can try connecting the coax from your cable box and should be able to get any of the un-encrypted channels being sent to you, the same way you would on a TV, tuning to channel 3 or 4. I have personally not tried this as I have not used cable myself for about 10 years.

You can also connect an s-video cable from the cable box to the tuner (and audio cables) and will be able to view all channels you get your cable provider. Just keep in mind - any HD, will no longer be in HD when using s-video. It will still be pretty decent though.

QUOTE Thanks
Teh_Derek

Do you know any settings?

Maybe stuff in the preferences?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Harddrive Cache | Increasing ram usage »