New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook - Macbook to TV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mousenmbr1

mousenmbr1 is on a distinguished road

I have all the proper connections to my HDTV but I have been stumbling around trying to find the answer to my question. When the macbook screen comes up on my TV screen not the entire screen is displayed. It cuts off a little but at the bottom and a little bit at the top so I can't really see the dock very well or the control line at the top. Will a program like DisplayConfigX fix this problem? That is the only thing that I can find that could potentially help.

Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

Are you sure you have mirroring turned on? That may be the problem.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Yep. You will need displayconfigx. Cause the resolution on the HDTV will be 1366*768 or something and the macbook can't display that resolution.

Now I'm not 100% on my above solution, so you might try turning off mirroring your display, as it seems you are doing just that. The resolution that's being outputted from your macbook is 1280*800 while the HDTV is 1366*768 (something like that). Maybe lowering the resolution on your external display by turning off mirroring might help. I'd still recommend displayconfigx though...
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousenmbr1 View Post
I have all the proper connections to my HDTV but I have been stumbling around trying to find the answer to my question. When the macbook screen comes up on my TV screen not the entire screen is displayed. It cuts off a little but at the bottom and a little bit at the top so I can't really see the dock very well or the control line at the top. Will a program like DisplayConfigX fix this problem? That is the only thing that I can find that could potentially help.

Any suggestions?
I had the same issue... I was able to fix it by trying out the different aspect ratio's IN THE TV... give it a try.
QUOTE Thanks
mousenmbr1

mousenmbr1 is on a distinguished road

hey thanks for all the help guys. i just figured it out, i was about to download displayconfigx but just wanted to play around with the settings again. I turned off the overscan and it fixed the problem. Hopefully this can help some others if they have the same problem
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« More than 3 Monitors | USB Problem »