New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook - External Monitor Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

codeoverride

codeoverride is on a distinguished road

Visited the Apple store tonight. I spoke to a Mac genius about the macbook and he kept trying to push the macbook pro. As far as I understand, the midrange macbook should be able to run photoshop, illustrator, indesign, etc. just fine (especially if I add another gig of RAM).. what worries me now is whether the computer will run slower when connected to an external monitor (my external monitor runs at 1680x1050. What do you guys think? Have any of you guys had any experience with this? Thanks so much!

..just found this out:
"The maximum resolution supported on "Apple DVI displays" is 1920x1200 and 1600x1200 on VGA displays." What does it mean?

Source: http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...007-specs.html

Thanks so much!
QUOTE Thanks
wesleyclark

wesleyclark is on a distinguished road

that means that the monitor wont display anything with a higher pixel range. It shouldn't let you set it higher.

But, on windows, for gaming at least, the higher the resolution, the slower the speed(FPS). Because it is drawing/computing more pixels than with a smaller resolution.

I honestly don't know if a macbook will run it fine, i don't own one. It might be a little choppy, but my guess would be that you could get by.

I would spend more and get a Pro, because you can put more mem, and the video card could definitely support the higher resolution. The video chipset on the MB is integrated. Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Srm | question about mini dvi to dvi »