New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

External Monitor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dynasty

Dynasty is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking about getting an external monitor for my mbp. I was wondering if anyone can suggest any good models; and also does an external monitor workout very well? Like do you have to leave the laptop's screen open all the time with an external monitor or can you leave it shut once the computer is turned on? LMK, thanks
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

I have the Samsung Syncmaster 226BW for my MacBook Pro. Here it is: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...203&CatId=2775. I have the MBP, and it compliments mine very well, as i use both monitors since i use the Adobe software everyday.

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I use Dell's cheapo 22" monitor to get the biggest screen on my budget. It's ok for basic use, but video playback is pretty bad.

If I had the money, I would get one of their high-end 24" or 30" monitors which use the same LCD as Apple's Cinema displays but are a lot cheaper.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Michael415

Michael415 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I use Dell's cheapo 22" monitor to get the biggest screen on my budget. It's ok for basic use, but video playback is pretty bad.

If I had the money, I would get one of their high-end 24" or 30" monitors which use the same LCD as Apple's Cinema displays but are a lot cheaper.
At work I use the Apple Cinema, the monitor is superb. I don't use the built in screen when plugged in, the difference is shocking.

Would love to get one from home too... which model is the same for the dell as the Apple screens? Maybe the UltraSharp 2407WFP-HC 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor for the 23-inch Apple Cinema?
QUOTE Thanks
sLux

sLux will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD

I have a 20" dell 2007WFP monitor, its by far the best screen i have ever had.

http://www.last.fm/user/Pjawsk/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
Wow... that's just amazing. You pwn
QUOTE Thanks
focalplane

focalplane is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT

I use a Viewsonic VX2025wm 20.1" monitor. On the macbook, its fantastic, but it is now discontinued. Im not sure what the monitor replacing it is like
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknabster View Post
I have the Samsung Syncmaster 226BW for my MacBook Pro. Here it is: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...203&CatId=2775. I have the MBP, and it compliments mine very well, as i use both monitors since i use the Adobe software everyday.
Second that. I have the 225bw version of that monitor and it's a beaut. Videos look great on it whether from DVD or, um, downloaded from the iTunes store. They're going for about US$300 these days.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PDAs | Best brand of external hd and how to tell which chipset an hd has. »