New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Help ...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zencupid

zencupid is on a distinguished road

I recently purchased a genius gshot d5123 camera but am unable to use the driver or software due to the fact that its windows based . I would like to know if there is any freewae which can help me or any other method that I can use ....

Thanx
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

Is it for video or stills? Normally you can just connect it and it will be working. Do you get any error message when you try that?
QUOTE Thanks
zencupid

i tried plugging it into my usb port but i get no response . i would like to try an emulator , but do not need one for anything other than executing the driver software . any suggestions ???
QUOTE Thanks
zencupid

oh yeah , the camera is both video and still shots
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

If it is video, you need to connect it using FireWire. If the camera has a FireWire-connection you can use it without any additional drivers (but you probably have to buy a cable since they normally include only USB cables). The connection on the camera is normally called DV, not FireWire. Do you have any connector at all on the camera in addition to USB?
QUOTE Thanks
zencupid

thanx for ur help roger , but the cam only came with a usb/scart like connection . i think if i can download the driver i'll be up an running . im thinking about using an emulator like bochs , but am unsure of how it functions
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Portable scanner? | Vodafone 3g data card!!!! »