geometry on my CRT studio display 21?
    Hi I have a new dual 1.8 GHz G5 and I just hooked up a apple CRT studio display 21" monitor. I bought the monitor used. It works (I am using it as I type) but the monitor control panel doesn't have a geometry setting? How do I change the geometry?

I am running the latest Mac OS, my video card is the NVIDIA Gforce 5200

well i called apple and they said that i would not be able to change the geomitry under os x. i had to get the os 9 driver somehow (they didn't have it) and it might not even work. so i decided to call back the place where i got the moniter and see if i could still return it and they said all i had to do was plug in the usb cable. when i did this everything worked fine.why wouldn't apple be able to tell me this. after all it is their own moniter????

Miami FL
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    You seem to have a really good question, I'd call them back and update them and maybe post that in the Apple discussions

Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Well if it's a n00b at apple support, maybe they weren't aquainted with the older monitors...

still if he didnt no maby he could have asked someone who did. that gets me pretty mad. i was about to return the moniter. luckily the guy at the store new what to do.

Thread Information