Specs:
    Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
    Smile Strange mighty mouse problem
    Hello,

I bought a wireless mighty mouse and enabled right click in mac os. The mouse worked fine but after a few days the right hand button failed to work each time. This problem got worse until you have to press it ten times to get a right click. If you turn it off and on again all is fine again for a few days! If I turn it off with the computer and back on again as I switch the computer on all is fine but its very annoying. I have reinstalled Mac OS (for another reason) and the fault remains.

I took the mouse back to the Apple store and they tested it and obviously it worked because it was just connected. They refused to replace it because it wasnt broken!

Has anyone else had an intermittent right button?

This is annoying because its such a good mouse!

I am getting a new mac pro new week and was hoping to use the wired keyboard and mouse that comes with it on my mac mini and the wireless on the pro but I might have to get wireless again to fix the problem!

Darren

Specs:
    2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
    If you search the forum you'll find you are not alone with this problem.

That said I have used my MM since Oct 06 without any troubles except for cleaning it and Battery change. I found it best to activate the right click function by applying a litte downwards pressure at the back of the mouse with the palm of my hand while at the same time right clicking

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    I'haven't had any problems with my wireless MM like that. My scroll ball stopped working and they replaced it completely (without even testing it themselves!)

Sincew you mentioned it takes 3 days for this problem to occur, I'm guess the only way to "reset" it is to turn it off completely by hihtting the switch on the bottom.

If that's that case I have to ask, why do you switch it off when you take it to the store? Just leave it switched on when you take it to show them.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Specs:
    20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
    Do you realise you have to have no fingers on the left side, for the right side to work? It is pressure sensitive, so you have to pick your fingers up.

Specs:
    Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
    If you attach it to another computer it starts the 3 days again !! I told you it was a strange problem !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted1 View Post
    If you search the forum you'll find you are not alone with this problem.

That said I have used my MM since Oct 06 without any troubles except for cleaning it ......

how do you clean the rollerball, I can't scroll with mine, i think that's it, it needs to be cleaned right?

Specs:
    I had this problem too. There is a tutorial on Apples site you get a very slightly damp lint free cloth and invert the mouse and rub the ball with the mouse inverted for a while. When you turn it over it will work fine! Mine did!

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302417

Thread Information