Getting A Dell Printer to Work with Mac Notebook
    Hello,

We purchased a Mac Notebook for our son and would like to know if there are any shareware drivers that would allow his Dell Printer to work with his notebook.

Have tried to search this forum but was unable ti find a specific answer.

TIA,

Bob

Specs:
    2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
    Im pretty sure it wont work.. we tried with our dell all in one for days with no success

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Dell doesn't make drivers for Mac OS. However, Dell printers are just rebadged Lexmarks. So, if you can find the Lexmark equivalent printer model, you can usually download and use a Lexmark driver.

What printer model is it?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Dell doesn't make drivers for Mac OS. However, Dell printers are just rebadged Lexmarks. So, if you can find the Lexmark equivalent printer model, you can usually download and use a Lexmark driver.

Good question...

the front says PictBridge and the back tag states 4411-0d3.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ250 View Post
    Good question...

the front says PictBridge and the back tag states 4411-0d3.
    PictBridge is an interface, Dell printers typically have a model number like A960 or something like that. Can you take a closer look for me?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

it's a Dell Model 942

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ250 View Post
    it's a Dell Model 942
    That's a tough one. The Linux Printer Compatibility Database says that it's a "paperweight". Meaning, most of the printer's brains are in software, so the driver is extremely complex. Since it doesn't have any support in Linux, it's going to be difficult or impossible to find a Mac-friendly driver. I am still attempting to cross-reference it with a Lexmark model (The Linux Compatibility database usually does that for you), but am having a hard time. Give me some time and I'll see what I can come up with.

Specs:
    I found a reference that seems to indicate that the 942 is a rebranded Lexmark p6250. If that's true, give this driver a shot. You may have to manually add the printer and choose the driver from the list.

I found a reference that seems to indicate that the 942 is a rebranded Lexmark p6250. If that's true, give this driver a shot. You may have to manually add the printer and choose the driver from the list.
    Thanks cwa107, I will try that driver and will let you know the results.

Question i wonder if you can help me too?
    hello,

i am wondering whether or not it wold be possible to connect a Dell Colour Laser 3010cn Printer to our iBook G4, using a usb connection. i have so far been unable to find any sort of macintosh driver for this model. i found this thread through google. however, i have no idea whether or not the 3010cn is an old enough model to be a re-dressed lexmark. hopefully you will be able to shed some light onto the matter. if you can, please email me at nerdarmycommander @gmail.com

Dell 3010cn needs MAC OS X (Snow Lepord) driver
    Is there a driver for the Dell 3010cn color Printer that is compatable with a MAC OS X (Snow Lepord)? Have looked and asked Dell still no luck.... your help is really appreciated.

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    Is there a driver for the Dell 3010cn color Printer that is compatable with a MAC OS X (Snow Lepord)? Have looked and asked Dell still no luck.... your help is really appreciated.
    There is a previous thread with some links on the forum here

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/oth...r-drivers.html

Also that model is a rebadged Xerox DocuPrint c525a
    http://www.fujixeroxprinters.com.au/...x?product=5452
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Thread Information