New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Apple Cinema Displays

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

spilio

spilio is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5

Hello All,

Are Apple's Monitors worth the price? Do anybody here use one?

Thanks!

J
QUOTE Thanks
CAMERA MAN

CAMERA MAN is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz 6gb Ram 320gb HD - G5 2x2.0ghz- 23" Apple Display - 2 Sony FX1s

I actually you the older model apple display, the 23" and i can say from that display which is HD i think the look and the quality is worth the money but if you can find a 23" HD elsewhere that is cheaper and you dont really care about the looks then go with that one. And the apples are very thick. if i had the money i would go with the apple display hands down though. What size are you looking at? (WOW 101 Posts)

Final Cut Studio 3
QUOTE Thanks
spilio

I haven't really decided what size I'm going to go with yet. My gf is a bit hard of seeing, so she'll probably need something on the larger side. In my case, I'm more concerned with color quality and longevity.
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

They are very good, but there are displays that are equally as good (from a technical standpoint... Apple has them all beat on design) for much less cash.

Personally I think I'm going to go with a Dell (19/20")... I normally wouldn't touch anything with Dell on it, but I hear they do use some good LCD panels in their displays (at one point they used the same ones as Apple; I'm not sure if that's still the case).

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
spilio

Dell, you say? God, I hate Dell. I literally have a graveyard of Dell equipment in my basement from clients who decided that the cost of fixing their box outweighed the cost of buying a new one.

I know this is a Mac forum, but would it be off topic to ask for suggestions about those displays that are technically as good as Apples - aside from Dell?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by spilio View Post
Dell, you say? God, I hate Dell. I literally have a graveyard of Dell equipment in my basement from clients who decided that the cost of fixing their box outweighed the cost of buying a new one.
Like I say, I'd normally steer clear, but I have heard good things, and they're fairly cheap. It's like Microsoft; I don't like their software, but would recommend their mice and keyboards. Or Sony; I wouldn't touch their DVD players, set-top boxes or the PSP, but I love their phones and TVs.

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

gomez1018 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

I have the 23" apple cinema display and i love it. I used to use a samsung 21" syncmaster which at the time was pretty darn good, but next to the apple display it does nto compare. If you can get it then go for the apple. just my 2 cents.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I want to get into Apple repairs, what do I need? | MAC Dual Layer Drive »