New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Need a good monitor arm! Suggestions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I want to get a good articulating arm for my 22" monitor that is desk mount and at least 18" length. I got one from Office Depot rated to hold up to 18 pounds, but couldn't hold up my 11 pound monitor after 2 weeks.

If anyone knows about or uses a good quality arm, please let me know what it is.

Thanks.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
CAMERA MAN

CAMERA MAN is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz 6gb Ram 320gb HD - G5 2x2.0ghz- 23" Apple Display - 2 Sony FX1s

Do you have a picture of that item so we can get a feel of what your talking about?

Final Cut Studio 3
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all

This is the one I bought that failed on me.

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?...l&Ne=1&An=text

It was inexpensive and I guess you get what you pay for, but my monitor wasn't even close to the weight limit! I'm hoping someone can recommend a good one to buy online as this is the only thing I could find in local brick and mortar stores and I don't want the headache of making a return through the mail from an online purchase.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Dodger

Dodger is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM

Woah, so no need for the stand, then?

That's a sweet invention but I don't know if I trust it.

"Have a strong base, a witty mind, and a heart that is open but in no way hungry."
QUOTE Thanks
CAMERA MAN

Mac Specs: 15" Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz 6gb Ram 320gb HD - G5 2x2.0ghz- 23" Apple Display - 2 Sony FX1s

Yea thats pretty cool, ill look around and see if I can find anything.

Final Cut Studio 3
QUOTE Thanks
CAMERA MAN

Wow that didn't take long, you will love this website if you haven't seen it already. I think this has all your needs. And look what its holding.

http://www.lcdarms.com/lcd_monitor_arms.php#radial

Final Cut Studio 3
QUOTE Thanks
Dodger

Dodger is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM

Woah, those prices are pretty steep.

"Have a strong base, a witty mind, and a heart that is open but in no way hungry."
QUOTE Thanks
CAMERA MAN

I couldn't find a price, well i didnt really look, what is it on that one?

Final Cut Studio 3
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

Ouch! Pretty salty: $200-$300 and up. That's pretty close to the price of my monitor! I appreciate the link though! They look like a good company with reliable products. Maybe I can track down some discounts.

QUOTE Thanks
CAMERA MAN

wow thats to much, would be cool to have one though

Final Cut Studio 3
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB print server | Webcams »