New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Your PC screen?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sproit

Sproit is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(

Heya all,

As I walked through the "Official setup thread" I saw many of you, at least those with the mini and Mac Pro etc.) using LSDs or other screens from Dell, or Samsung etc. etc.

And I was wondering,

Why do we use Macs without Mac screens? Did you already have that screen before you bought the Mac? Are the Apple screens way too expensive? (could life with that thought) or what's up with the screen thingy.

Was just wondering.

P.S. if this topic is wrong placed, feel free to move it to the proper zone, but there isn't a real screen subforum to chit chat about this ;-)

Would love to hear some thoughts about that.

I am using currently on my old Windows a Compaq screen, old fashion with the big butt and isn't really big, and it's the kind of ) screen, not flat at all big round thing lol

The only thing to be proud of at my pc is the fact that I can mange to keep it running while it's 8 years old, designed for windows 98 and I have XP home edition on it,
Not to mention the speed of it, haha with iTunes on it goes all 2 times slower (crap thing!!) (ok that was totally off topic )

And as final touch,God created the Dutch!
QUOTE Thanks
brentsax

brentsax is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3

I think it mostly comes down to the money. I know a few people that use Apple displays with their PCs, as well as people that run non-Apple displays w/ their Macs. The street runs both ways. From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I would definitely use Apple displays if I could afford them!

There's also the issue of the quality (i.e. correctness) of the colors and a number of other factors such as response time, contrast, and brightness that might cause someone who could buy an Apple display to get something else.

-B
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buslink external HD probs | anyone have the firewave external sound card? »