New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

mighty mouse not right clicking... sometimes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FlatlanderIA

FlatlanderIA is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 1GB

hey all...

i really like my mighty mouse.... overall. but i'm getting tired of the right click! after using it for awhile... (an hour or two) it slowly looses the ability to right click. i'm not imagining it either. then ive noticed i can close the slot on the bottom so it loses the bluetooth connection.. and then open it to reconnect. After about 30 sec. it will reconnect and my right click will work fine. does anyone have any idea what's going on??? i don't. thanks!

Tim
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

Gee, I wish I could help, but I had the opposite problem! Right click worked when I wanted left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

I've used my MM since October last year one thing I found was when you right click apply a little pressure with the palm of your hand toward the back of the mouse and then right click. It's easier to do than write about ...Trust me
QUOTE Thanks
jamesx

you're not alone. i hate this mouse more and more every day. i liked it at first, but the right click is horrible. i wish i would have bought something else. to be honest, the only reason i bought it was because of blue tooth.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Also make sure you are lifting your left finger completely off the mouse when you go to right click. Ive also noticed that if I use the mouse for a long time the right click simply wont work, so I just close the lid over the sensor and then open it back up and it will work again.
QUOTE Thanks
jamesx

they really just should have used 2 separate buttons.in my opinion its a major design flaw. other than that i like the mouse. but i am going to buy a different mouse..
QUOTE Thanks
FlatlanderIA

FlatlanderIA is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 1GB

thanks guys.. i agree.. i love the mouse, but the right click slowing losing functionality is rediculous. i'll probably just keep it for awhile anywhere. i bet you anything they're slit the shell into two buttons... maybe the style was a little too heavily weighed Vs. function in this case. Oh well.. they can't all be perfect.
QUOTE Thanks
reko

reko is an unknown at this point

I was thinking of buying one

is there a way to make both right and left function as one button?

that way I could just make the scroll button the right click (that's possible, right?)
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reko View Post
I was thinking of buying one

is there a way to make both right and left function as one button?

that way I could just make the scroll button the right click (that's possible, right?)
You can not make the ScrollBall button the Right nor Left click. Just checked.
QUOTE Thanks
reko

reko is an unknown at this point

wow

I guess I'm steering clear of this until the next iteration
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connect Wiimote to MacBook Pro | RAID question »