Thread: .usb pen drive.

.emo.
    .usb pen drive.
    .i have a BOC 64mb pen drive and i plugged it intoday and os x said i plugged in a disk the os was familiar with or whatever meening the disk was was wiped or something.so i said initiialize and i did and it opened up disc utitliy and i erased it and yah now i think i have a 1 gram paper wait with a usb connection.it wontbe recongnized by the comp help.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
    I'm not sure what language you just typed that in, but from the parts I'm able to read, it sounds like you formatted the drive and now you don't understand why the data is gone.

Yes, formatting erases it. Why you had to format it, I don't know. Macs can read Windows formatted disks just fine. At any rate, if your Mac won't recognize it now, just format it with a PC.

.emo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris22x
    I'm not sure what language you just typed that in, but from the parts I'm able to read, it sounds like you formatted the drive and now you don't understand why the data is gone.

Yes, formatting erases it. Why you had to format it, I don't know. Macs can read Windows formatted disks just fine. At any rate, if your Mac won't recognize it now, just format it with a PC.

no no no no....i put the pen drive in the computer and a dialog box popped up saying initialize.....cancel....and eject...so i initilized it and usually when do that on other drives it ERASES it but then OS X recongnizes it.this time the drive still is not coming up in the finder.

Thread Information