Thread: HD help

HD help
    hello and thank you to who ever can help me!!!

I'm a new mac user and i have a external hd that i once used with windows. i can pull things out of it and save it onto my mac, but can not save things back onto it. I'm thinkin i have to reformat it,the thing is that the hd is in a case that you can make like a kit. Inside is a internal windows hd can this be changed to be used with ox 10 ???

15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
    Have you tried using disk utility to format the drive to ms-dos? I would do that if you haven't, the ms-dos format can be read and written on by both mac and windows.

Yes, you will have to reformat the drive to the MS-DOS (FAT32) system.
    It sounds like you have it at NTFS now, which OS X can only read from not write to.
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

yea the hd is a NTFS, my ? is that if the hd was once a internal does that make it into a ms dos can i do that on my mac or do i need a pc ?

Thread Information