New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Fix your mighty mouse's scroll ball

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jakeroberts

jakeroberts will become famous soon enough

Hello, I have successfully disassembled my mighty mouse and fixed the scroll ball. Here is the article I followed. http://web.mac.com/karelgil/iWeb/Mac...ightyMEng.html
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

The page won't allow Firefox — even using safe start through the Terminal — or SeaMonkey to access the page.

Everything to the right of the vertical hairline appears for a fraction of a second, then disappears.

Edit: The problem was with my version of Firefox. I removed it, installed a new one, and that page loads without a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

That is interesting. I just tried it here on Camino, Firefox, Opera under OSX and all the latest versions of them by the way. All looked the same as in Safari. Did he fix it since you reported that?
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all

No. I just tried it again with all the Firefox extensions disabled and a safe start through the Terminal overkill, if anything. Then I tried it with Firefox spoofing IE running in Windows. Still no go.

I can view the page with OS 9's Mozilla, though, even with Adblock running.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

If you can get in, the problem has to be in my machine. I've fiddled with them enough that something must be wrong. I'm gonna yank everything Firefox and SeaMonkey, and reload them.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Study View Post
If you can get in, the problem has to be in my machine. I've fiddled with them enough that something must be wrong. I'm gonna yank everything Firefox and SeaMonkey, and reload them.
I am going to boot 3 other macs and try it. Hang a few and I will get back to you.
QUOTE Thanks
Chilbear

Chilbear is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5

Firefox with Addblocker is fine here. Nice link. We have the same issues. I blow into the scroll area and shake it.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

I pulled everything Firefox and downloaded a new one. I can access the page now, so I'd better edit my first post. That'll learn me.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Yeah, tried it on 3 other Macs in FF, Opera and Camino. Worked great.

Glad you fixed whatever was the issue!
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

I checked that page with the new Firefox immediately after setting up the preferences, and before doing anything else to it. Half the page disappeared again.

Turns out it was the type size. I had set the minimum to 18. As soon as I lowered it to 13, the missing half of the page appeared. That's why the Terminal safe start made no difference and why SeaMonkey couldn't read the page. Live and learn. (But all the browsers that could read the page have the same minimum type size. Not having Gecko engines and a slightly different screen resolution in 9's Mozilla make the difference, I guess.)

I put the old Firefox back, along with the Profile folder and the plist. Reloading 20 extensions, going through the user.js file line by line and changing a bunch of AppleScript pathways because of the new randomly generated name given to the slush-pile folder aren't much fun.

If nothing else, the Mighty Mouse taught me something new.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Synch Speed - 5 minutes per song ???? | Can't Set up Printer.... »