New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Wireless Mighty Mouse any good?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

I've heard some pretty bad reviews on it, like it won't connect fast enough, it stops working sometimes, etc.

Is it really that bad? Or am I just paying too much attention to the bad reviews?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
I've heard some pretty bad reviews on it, like it won't connect fast enough, it stops working sometimes, etc.

Is it really that bad? Or am I just paying too much attention to the bad reviews?
I have read very few positive comments on this forum and others in regard to it. The general consensus seems to be "look elsewhere".

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
matkvaid

matkvaid is on a distinguished road

Well i am using wireless mighty mouse and i am very happy, it is working fine, i can use it on many surfaces, realy more than optical mouse. At all it looks nice to me, and i do not see troubles about it. I also read bad comments about it after i bought it. But im using my macbook and mouse for about 10 days, so it might be the first impression...
QUOTE Thanks
Chilbear

Chilbear is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5

We also like our mouse. We are into month 6 now. We use it in Mac and XP with little issues. It is not "great" at right clicking but satisfactory.

One complaint is it eats batteries and has made one of my kids aware of the "green" side as we are changing batteries. He wanted a corded mouse but we could not find one so he had to go wireless.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I've had my MM for more than 7 months now and it hasn't failed me ever. It syncs right away when I boot up, the right click works fine with no issues at all (I don't know why so many people have problems!) the scroll ball was a little weird at first, but now I love it and regular scroll wheels feel very clunky and old to me. Also, the side-squeeze function for Expose is something you can't live without once you start using it.

Some people complain that the scroll ball doesn't work well. I've had times where probably a spec of something gets in there and it won't scroll up or down, but I just run it over a damp cloth a little, as Apple says to do, and it works like new again. I think the complainer just don't try to clean it. Some have even mentioned taking it apart to clean if it gets really bad, which sounds fairly easy to do.

The best part is no wire or even USB adapter and being a very nice low profile design. I can easily toss it in my bag with my MBP without it taking too much room and use it on any surface or in the classroom for easy navigation while others have to deal with the trackpads.

I was hesitant at first too from all the complaints, but I haven't had one significant issue with mine.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

If Apple produces a no-complaints mouse after the decades of people grousing about the one-button, the hockey puck and now the Mighty Mouse, the Earth will open up and swallow 1 Infinite Loop.

I bought a third-party two-button mouse for the first system — 8.6? 9? — that would accept it. I had to use hockey pucks on other Macs than my own, and they were awful. I played with a Mighty Mouse for half an hour at an Apple store and finally gave up on it.

There must be some evil anti-decent-mouse force haunting the halls of Apple. You'd think it was rocket science.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
If Apple produces a no-complaints mouse after the decades of people grousing about the one-button, the hockey puck and now the Mighty Mouse, the Earth will open up and swallow 1 Infinite Loop.
Whenever I need a good laugh, I should just search your posts!

For the OP, you know what they say, opinions are like ********, everyone has one and most of them stink. I'd say just go try one yourself at an Apple store or Circuit City.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 3 printers via usb hub? Powered or not? | Wireless headphones »