New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Problem with Prolific PL3507 firewire drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

docinsano

docinsano will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, 80 Gig Hd, 200 Gig Hd; iMacDV 400Mhz 40GB 512Ram

I have a Prolific PL3507 firewire hard drive that has been acting up on my powermac g4 mdd. It will register as a firewire drive on the desktop for about 20 seconds and then ejects itself. then i get the usual "you didn't put the device away properly" jazz. However, it works fine on my iMacDv. Also, i dont think its the firewire ports themselves because I also have a lacie firewire cdrw that it recognizes fine. I read some stuff on updating firmware but i cannot find any downloads for it. Thanks for any help.

Dr. Insano, PhD
Click, if you dare...
QUOTE Thanks
docinsano

docinsano will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, 80 Gig Hd, 200 Gig Hd; iMacDV 400Mhz 40GB 512Ram

Problem solved. I just said "forget it" removed the case and installed it directly into my powermac. works fine now. Still would be nice to know what the deal with that firewire drive is though

Dr. Insano, PhD
Click, if you dare...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I get some help with a Monitor problem? | Razr V3 and USB Connection »