New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

External Monitor and Keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jdgti

jdgti will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM

I have the apple bluetooth wireless keyboard and i have an external monitor attached to my powerbook with the lid closed. I want to be able to do is dim the external display from the keyboard. I have tried F14,F15,F16, and all other F keys with command for all of them as well.

I can't find any really conclusive articles online about how to accomplish this with the wireless keyboard and powerbook. Can someone point me in the right direction. I also tried keyboard Maestro, and couldn't get that to work either. Let me know if you have any insight on Maestro, or and online article showing how to acconplish this.

Thanks,

James
QUOTE Thanks
jdgti

Has no one had this issue? Is this a specifically powerbook problem? Should i try the Powerbook section instead?

Thanks,

James
QUOTE Thanks
jdgti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgaines View Post
Has no one had this issue? Is this a specifically powerbook problem? Should i try the Powerbook section instead?

Thanks,

James
I really wanted this to work. Sadly I have given up. None currently available online tools will allow me to dim the screen using an external bluetooth apple keyboard.

Thanks to all who tried to help.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

It would depend on the external screen: I know you can dim apple's displays with the keyboard shortcuts, but if it's a 3rd party display, it can't be controlled via the software.
QUOTE Thanks
ghettochild

ghettochild is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgaines View Post
I have the apple bluetooth wireless keyboard and i have an external monitor attached to my powerbook with the lid closed. I want to be able to do is dim the external display from the keyboard. I have tried F14,F15,F16, and all other F keys with command for all of them as well.

I can't find any really conclusive articles online about how to accomplish this with the wireless keyboard and powerbook. Can someone point me in the right direction. I also tried keyboard Maestro, and couldn't get that to work either. Let me know if you have any insight on Maestro, or and online article showing how to acconplish this.

Thanks,

James
What's the display? I have a 20" ACD hooked to my PB and I can adjust the screen brightness with F14 and F15 on my BT keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help setting up my printer | Bluetooth Question »