New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Wireless mighty mouse/apple keyboard??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

I've had the wired versions of both of them since I got my Mac, because I'd read alot of bad reviews of the wireless ones on Apple.com

But now, i'm starting to wonder if they're really that bad. I know about the 'standard' complaints (e.g. THE SCR0LL BAWL CLOGGED UP!!!) but i heard the wireless ones take forever to connect to the Mac when you boot it up and stuff.

So, can someone who has a wireless mighty mouse or apple keyboard tell me if they've had these problems??
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I've used a wireless Mighty Mouse since September 2006 on my iMac G5 and no problems like you describe here. Yes the scroll ball does need some cleaning with a cotton swab (or absorbent cotton ball) with a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol on it ( so it doesn't dribble inside the mechanism) once in a while (like maybe once every two or three months) but other than that, it works fine. No connection problems either.

As for the keyboard, I have the model that came with the iMac (the wired model).
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I have the Blutooth Apple Keyboard and have had zero problems with it.

QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

No problems here with either the BT mighty mouse or the BT keyboard. Battery life is long, connection is quick, range is good -- almost too good! When I take my MB from my office to my living room (maybe 40 feet, two walls) I always have to go back to the office to turn off the mouse -- trackpad will not work because the "mouse is present".

Love them both!
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Well, I don't know about you smurfy but I'm sold! I've been thinking about wireless BT mouse/keyboard for quite some time now.

It's time to take the plunge! My printer is BT and I love it. Plus, I just hate all the wires, they take away from that nice clean Mac look.

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

I've used the Apple BT keyboard and mouse from Day one (Sept 06). To be fair I had a little clogging but if you just invert the mouse and roll the ball vigourously it solves the problem. The keyboard has been faultless
QUOTE Thanks
Sames

Sames is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook - 120gb HD, 2.0ghz, 1gb Ram.

I have had my wirlesss mighty mouse about a month and a half now and i absolutely love it. I didnt find it hard to get used to at all.

I have yet to clean it though.
QUOTE Thanks
j_dinan

j_dinan is on a distinguished road

I just got my BT mighty mouse yesterday... so far so good.. I need to try to setup the side buttons for back and forward with firefox. can that be done?

-overall the BT is fast and responsive as ever.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« White dust on ram? | computer to computer network? »