New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Mighty Mouse isn't smooth!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tnparker

tnparker is on a distinguished road

For some reason, when I use the wireless mighty mouse on my OS X side of my macbook, the result is less than good. The cursor doesn't move smoothly on the screen. I don't have a problem when I use it on the windows side, but the OS X side runs poorly. Why is that? Can I fix it?
QUOTE Thanks
telljoolz

telljoolz is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm new to this forum site.

I know there is a switcher section but couldn't find a mouse thread within there.

I've recently switched to a mac and did some research on a mouse problem I'm having and at first it appeared I was suffering from the differences in Mouse Acceleration or Mouse Tracking between Mac and Windows that is identified in many forums and websites.

But I now believe that my problem is something different (or maybe its related but not exactly the same) to the mouse acceleration issue.

When I use a PC the mouse moves smoothly. When I use my new macbook (using a USB microsoft mouse) its a tad jumpy. This jumpiness is annoying in Photoshop and general usage.

I have played with the speed settings and also tried USB Overdrive, MouseFix, MouseZoom, Steermouse, which all seem to solve the Acceleration problem but not the smoothness issue.

If I lower the speed of the mouse tracking, it is much smoother, but then it doesn't move fast enough. If I raise the tracking speed or acceleration speed, the jerkiness returns.

I see that the 2 issues are related but I think they are different.

Can anyone shed light or better yet, offer some suggestions to solve my irritating problem?

I don't think I should have to buy a new mouse just because of this. A MS mouse should* work on a mac I would think.

Thank you very much.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« sata hd shell | Any difference in Cinema Displays based on age? »