New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Memory Upgrade From Mac Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

I purchased 2 1 GB sticks from a seller on here, who told me he bought them directly from the apple store. He supplied me with the recipt from the store, the box, one year warranty, memory, instuctions, all offical from apple.

Only there seems to be confusion over what brand of memory apple uses.

When I took out my stock ram, it was hynix. This ram is samsung, with apple stickers on it and all (do not remove/removal may void warrantly & an apple logo).

I got these sticks for 100 bucks for the pair. I know there is cheaper out there, but I liked the idea of upgrading my memory, saving some cash, and not voiding my applecare.

Here's the problem, is samsung actually offical apple ram? Some say hynix. Personally it looks like to me hynix is the basic ram, then samsung is their upgrade model.

I was just curious if anyone else has this memory or has purchased this upgrade or any upgrade from mac and what brand it was.
QUOTE Thanks
andrebnu

andrebnu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB

I believe the RAM brand doesn't matter, as it has the specification for your computer. Many here claim to have updated their RAM with CRUCIAL sticks, for example.
QUOTE Thanks
XMARLTONX

Naw I understand that, what I am asking is what brand is apple's upgrade ram? Thats what I purchased from someone (samsung) and I was wondering if anyone else has purchased ram from apple as an upgrade.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

There is no official upgrade ram. I have gotten Samsung and Hynix from apple on different occasions

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
XMARLTONX

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41 View Post
There is no official upgrade ram. I have gotten Samsung and Hynix from apple on different occasions
Thats what I wanted to hear =) Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac modified hard drive cant be seen by a PC | There goes my contingency plan .... »