Specs:
    15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
    Unhappy Any Portable mac user using iSkin?
    I got iSkin for my Powerbook but I am not very happy with it. The thing fits fairly okay on the keyboard, and the typing experience is not very good. At least not as good as typing directly onto the keyboard, but I guess you have to sacrifise something for protection. The eject key and the escape key on the top right and top left corner, respectively, are not completely 'fitted' into the grasp of the iSkin glove. Is this normal? Is there anyone who would advise against using iSkin for a powerbook? I'm just scared somehow something would get behind the keys on my keyboard and I wouldn't want that to happen.
    Thanks.

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Those are very hard to fit accurately. And I believe the keyboards are designed for real world use, I agree with being careful! I live in Florida and we are not only the sunshine state but the bug state! Any bug at all nears my keyboard is doomed! :p But since all the powerBooks and iBooks in the store are pounded relentlessly (by me sometimes) :p I say there is little reason for concern

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
    Unhappy
    My main concern is things like dust and the like getting behind my keys

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    My main concern is things like dust and the like getting behind my keys
    I give mine a fairly regular cleaning (and next time I think I'll try some of that canned air). It takes me a while, but afterwards, it looks just like new. Judging by the design of my iBook's keyboard, I don't think there's much harm that some dust could do anyway.

Also, if it helps put your mind at ease a bit, we've had a Toshiba laptop for years (something like 4+), and the keyboard has never been cleaned or cared for at all. We haven't had a single problem with the keys, and in fact, I'm typing this reply on it right now.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

Thread Information