New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Apple Keyboards

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

unhappyending

unhappyending is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G3 350MHz, 256MB Ram, OS X 10.3.9

Okay, I got this Apple Keyboard matching my iMac when I got my iMac. I used it for a week, I got tired of it. I smashed it, anyone feel that Apple needs to make better keyboards?

Cody K.
G3 iMac 350MHz, 256MB Ram, OS X 10.3.9
Currently saving for a Mac MINI.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I've never had any issues with Apple keyboards. I have always found them responsive, comfortable, and stylish.
If you or anyone doesn't like it, then nothing to worry about. You can use any USB keyboard with your Mac and put the Apple one aside (smashing it was a bit silly and over the top, IMO :black.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
unhappyending

unhappyending is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G3 350MHz, 256MB Ram, OS X 10.3.9

I know. I'm using Synergy right now. Sharing my keyboard and my mouse with my PC.

Cody K.
G3 iMac 350MHz, 256MB Ram, OS X 10.3.9
Currently saving for a Mac MINI.
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD

I LOVE the apple keyboards. I think they feel great, have great response and look great. What more could someone ask for?

I absolutely loved the keyboard on my powerbook as well. I am not loving the macbook keyboard as much.

White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/
QUOTE Thanks
powermacj7

powermacj7 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Duo White

I got a new Imac few months ago, it took time for me to get used to the new keyboard, I enjoy it and find it great for typing reports.
QUOTE Thanks
MartinS

MartinS is a jewel in the roughMartinS is a jewel in the rough

I use a Macally IceKey (http://s185946821.onlinehome.us/EN/P...ArticleID=147). It's superb.

www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyfive View Post
I am not loving the macbook keyboard as much.
You could always "smash " it.
QUOTE Thanks
andrebnu

andrebnu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB

I have the apple wireless keyboard, and love it!!

Yes, it's stylish also...but the key strokes are great, very confortable.
QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - iPhone

i love the set up of the keys and i type extra fast on this keyboard- but I've found when playing WoW where a single missed keystroke could cost you your life (hahaha) it, sucks, for lack of a better word. But im not realy playing anymore so im not worried about it. plus, it matches tooo good.

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
and long ago converted most of her flesh into liquid.
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks
jdgti

jdgti will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM

The M7803 apple keyboard was the best apple keyboard ever made.

The thing is, I like keyboards that wear down and get softer to the touch the more you use them. For instance, if you never really use the num-pad, then it will be the same as when you first got it, but the home keys would be broken in and really easy to depress. The M7803 and most microsoft keyboards are great for this.

With that said I would like to say that I do NOT like the new generation of apple keyboard. They just won't break in. High five to the designers who made a keyboard that will last forever and will never lose its toughness, but I just don't enjoy the trouble I have with pressing the keys down. Call me a wimp, but I think using a keyboard should not require effort. That's why I love my powerbook's keyboard. It takes no effort what so ever to use.

On that note, I hadn't used a one of the new generation apple laptop's for any sort of coding or word processing until yesterday. I used a macbook for about 4 hours last night, and I was really disappointed with the new "spaced out effect" of the keys. Does anyone else feel this way?

Is anyone else looking forward to that new keyboard apple insider predicts will come with new iMacs?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hard drive space low on MAC.... | Marware keyboard cover »