New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

20" ACD or 23" ACD; that is the question.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DavisCollins

DavisCollins has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD

Okay,
So i have had my MacBook for about half of a year now, and i think i getting close to ready to buy a new Apple Cinema Display. The main reason is that i do a lot of work in Photoshop and i could use the extra screen "real estate".

All i need to decide is if i should get the 20" or 23" screen. I am leaning towards the 23" for the size, but the 20" price is much more in my budget.

My question is; is the extra three inches of space going to make a big difference in the amount of screen i have to use? And is it worth the extra three hundred dollars?

And on another note, do you think that they are going to do a re-design any time soon?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

As I have said in another post, I hear people wishing they had a larger screen, never heard of anyone wishing they had a smaller screen on a desktop.

If you are looking to stay in budget, and don't have to just have Apple white, I would suggest considering the Dell 24" widscreen WUXGA. Don't know that I could bring myself to buying a Dell computer, but they do make some nice screens. It is currently on sale at $609. Has composite, s-video, component, vga and dvi connections. Is a great price for a nice monitor with the ability of connecting multiple devices. This screen has not been the editor's pick in it's size for the last 3 years or so in almost every PC magazine and site without reason.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
DavisCollins

DavisCollins has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD

any other opinions?
QUOTE Thanks
hempcamp

hempcamp is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4/4/320/Leopard, 12" PowerBook G4 1.5/1.25/80/Tiger

I second the vote for the 24" Dell. That's exactly my setup now -- Macbook to 2407WFP. Much cheaper than the Apple displays, with way more features (USB hub, card reader, multiple inputs, PiP, etc etc), and still quite beautiful (aluminum & black).

---Chris

Current: 20" iMac 2.4/4/320/Leopard / Dell 2407WFP / Leopard
Portable: 12" PowerBook G4 1.5/1.25/80/Tiger / iPhone 3G White 16GB
Former: PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8 / iMac G4 800 / iBook G3 700 / PowerMac 7500, 3G iPod 10GB, 5G iPod 30GB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Decent AGP video cards. | Retrieving DATA from USB key »