New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Mouse problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ItsMeDave

ItsMeDave is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16Ghz Core2Due 20" iMac - 2Gb RAM - wireless Mac KB - wireless MX610 mouse

Hi Everyone,

I've got a new Logitech MX Revolution mouse and the Logitech Control Center within System Preferences keeps telling me that 'No Logitech Device Found' - and yet - the mouse works fine. Suggestions anyone?

I've re-started my iMac a couple times and tried re-installing the Logitech software a second time.

Also, a software (and mouse-related) question, how do I remove a reference from System Preferences for an app I deleted? Prior to installing the logitech software I deleted the SteerMouse app - but it still appears in System Preferences.

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeDave View Post
Hi Everyone,

*Snip*
Also, a software (and mouse-related) question, how do I remove a reference from System Preferences for an app I deleted? Prior to installing the logitech software I deleted the SteerMouse app - but it still appears in System Preferences.

cheers
I would guess the SteerMouse file is a prefpane and that it's in the PreferencePane folder. Either in your user account (path: Macintosh HD -> Users -> Your Account -> Library -> PreferencePanes) or higher up in the hierarchy (path: Macintosh HD -> Library -> PreferencePanes).

And this thread really belongs in the Hardware forum. You don't want to get DB mad, do you? ;^)
QUOTE Thanks
ItsMeDave

ItsMeDave is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16Ghz Core2Due 20" iMac - 2Gb RAM - wireless Mac KB - wireless MX610 mouse

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. :-(
But I did solve my problem, I re-installed SteerMouse and then un-installed it using the appropriate menu item. Once that was done the Logitech config software worked.

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

get one of these. it should do the trick!

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
kuchiki

kuchiki has a spectacular aura about

I really recommend using Steermouse instead of the Logitech Control Center software with your MX revolution. I am an owner of the VX revolution and the Logitech software caused random kernel panics and I lost a few files because of that. In that regard Steermouse is just great-it is super stable.

If you're interested in a detailed review why not visit my blog? Just wrote a long review;-)

kuchiki

My newly created blog: reviews, sites, giveaways and more! Home of iMountIt
www.daysofourmacbooks.blogspot.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« logitech mouse with my macbook? | using a Wireless Printserver with Mac OS X »