Thread: A couple general question
04-19-2004, 10:20 AM #1RootGuestA couple general question
1. i have an ibook and i want to disable the noise that it plays through the speakers when i press the powerbutton
2. on my ibook(G3 800 mHz) i have airport, but i have a linksys b/g router. i want to replace the card with an aftermarket b/g card. i was wondering if anyone made one that would fit into the existing airport slot since apple has been sooooooo considerate to make airport extreme cards incompatable with existing airport slots. Another thanks goes to the fine engineers at apple.
3. i would also like to add like wireless profiles that would automatically switch by where i am (like i go from school to home, i would want it to switch profiles because of the ssid) becuase i am getting tired of having to manually go into sys prefs and set it.
04-19-2004, 05:19 PM #2
- Member Since
- Jul 22, 2003
- Hamilton College
- 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
1. Can't disable
2. Doesn't Exist
3. Don't ExistDon't forget to use the new User Reputation System
04-19-2004, 05:48 PM #3TylerMoneyGuest
I actually do beleive you can disable it....I've seen it on another thread at this forum....something about replaceing a certain file with a new sound.....or taking it out, or something like that...that's all I know from what I heard....
I'm pretty sure all you can get is airport extreme...why would you want anything else?..that's just silly..
mine usually changes automatically, unless there are new security settings.....or maybe it doesn't...I don't remember....
04-20-2004, 10:24 AM #4RootGuestOriginally Posted by TylerMoney
otherwise, security settings have been stored, but at my school i have to set the information manually and at home it is through dhcp. so i have to set that.
04-20-2004, 11:15 AM #5
Originally Posted by RootLife isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
- Member Since
- Dec 24, 2002
- Los Angeles, California
- 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
04-20-2004, 11:34 AM #6RootGuestOriginally Posted by rman
04-20-2004, 12:18 PM #7goldieGuest
[QUOTE=Root]1. i have an ibook and i want to disable the noise that it plays through the speakers when i press the powerbutton
Plug an earphone into the sound jack before you hit the button. It's crude, but if you really want to run silent, it works. If an earphone is never there when you need one, get an earphone replacement plug at Radio Shack and tie it onto the mac. That's safer than snipping the plug off an old set of earphones, which could cause a potentially damaging short circuit.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By liveD83 in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-15-2009, 10:57 AM
By toby in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 08-04-2008, 01:02 PM
By stumpleg in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 7Last Post: 01-28-2008, 04:57 PM
By max in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2007, 05:26 PM
By juanes in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2007, 11:43 AM