New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Printing Quality

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

With windows I used to be able to select normal, fast, and draft quality for printing. I always chose draft to save ink and for time's sake. I dont see a way to choose draft with mac. Can anyone tell me where to find this? I checked system preferences and I dont see it anywhere in neo office.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

I think the screen comes up when you actually hit print. When you hit print a screen should come up and there should be 3 drop down menus available and look for the one that says copies and pages, click that and go to paper type/quality. There you should be able to select the different kinds of printing. I know this is true with almost all graphic programs, Im not on my mac or I would open up office and see how to get to it. Ill try to get that done in the morning and let you know for sure.

If you dont find any of the options I mentioned up there, when you go to print, try looking for a button called printer or something of the like. That should hopefully take you there, but I think the way above should be it. Ill double check tomorrow morning though.
QUOTE Thanks
XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

Hmm when I click that I have

Layout
Scheduler
Paper Handling
ColorSync
CoverPage

and Print Features (which has a resolution option)

I don't see anything about quality =( I am using the newest version of Neo Office (which is AMAZING by the way, and so far, faster than OO).
QUOTE Thanks
awrence

awrence will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz

Hi xmarltonx

In the Printer menu there should be a 'quality&media' option. If you find this and choose "detailed settings" there should be a "fast-fine" slider where you can choose the quality. I also have the newest version of NeoOffice using a canon printer. Maybe the printer menu is different for other printers?
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

here's mine, after hitting print there is a Paper type tab...
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (62.1 KB, 9 views)

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

I'm having the same prob. Understand how to do it now. THANKS!

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
awrence

awrence will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz

kgeier82
If you click on the arrows next to Paper Type you should get more choices including Quality&Media.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« am i compatible? | Scroll down not working on Mighty Mouse??? »