New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Best program to convert DVD's to AppleTV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

markw10

markw10 is an unknown at this point

Now that I have AppleTV I plan to convert my most frequently watched DVD's to AppleTV. What is the best program to do this? I have heard some are good at converting to Video iPod but I'm not sure what kind of quality I will get on a big screen with AppleTV.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Handbrake.

QUOTE Thanks
markw10

markw10 is an unknown at this point

Thanks for the advice. Should I look into Handbrake or MediaFork? It says how MediaFork is the newer product but still in beta.
QUOTE Thanks
bryantsinger

bryantsinger is on a distinguished road

Handbrake is great. it also work for mac. and it is free.
Now the best apple tv converters are:
handbrake
Wondershare DVD to Apple TV Converter
Cucusoft DVD to Apple TV Converter
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw10 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Should I look into Handbrake or MediaFork? It says how MediaFork is the newer product but still in beta.
MediaFork is Handbrake. The name change was temporary only.

Check the HandBrake Forums, there is a lot of good info on ATV there.

QUOTE Thanks
tosmoke

tosmoke is on a distinguished road

is the best one that I've used. so far have transfered about 200 dvd movies to ATV format and have used Handbreak(old version) & MediaFork (new version), MacTheRipper, MediaHub and iSquint. Some problems with the old handbrake version (couldn't get through the 0 errors) and had to use a work around with MacTheRipper to create one VOB file, then encode that with iSquint, then later paid for MediaHub. Have gone exclusively with MediaFork for the last two weeks and haven't had a major problem yet.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

There should be a new Beta of HandBrake out in the next several weeks. It will 0.8.5 Beta 1. One of the new features will be that it will have a default setting for AppleTV ripping.

If you have the skill, you can download the svn from the HB site and compile the latest and greatest.

QUOTE Thanks
yoyo

yoyo is on a distinguished road

Apple TV Video Converter for Mac

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...terformac.html
QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

MaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

Seems to be an unuasual amount of LOW post persons on this thread?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
MaDDoG's Photo Gallery - http://mcarfa.smugmug.com/
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDDoG View Post
Seems to be an unuasual amount of LOW post persons on this thread?
Correct!

Those were spammers with multiple accounts hawking their software.

Banned & threads deleted.
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

read somewhere that apple tv cant play a h264 file.

so youll have to encode in mp4 format, which is faster, but files will be bigger for same quality

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
hingis

hingis is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro / 15-inch:2.2GHz / 2GB memory

I'm using handbrake and it works very well.You don't have to search any other program,they will make the same thing with handbrake..
QUOTE Thanks
dave345

dave345 is on a distinguished road

I Googled a program that can convert DVD's to Apple TV. It's very powerful, practical and convenient to use. It helps you convert DVD to Apple TV video MP4 and Apple TV audio MP3, M4A with fast speed and perfect quality.

There's a Mac Version available as well.
QUOTE Thanks
digital john

digital john has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook

What about converting video files to apple tv format. For instance putting them into iTunes. I have been looking but have not been able to find anything.

QUOTE Thanks
virtuoso06

virtuoso06 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.16gHz 1GB ram white, 60GB iPod Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital john View Post
What about converting video files to apple tv format. For instance putting them into iTunes. I have been looking but have not been able to find anything.
Try this program MP4 Converter for Mac. I've used this on .avi files and it has converted them very well into .mp4's that I can import easily into iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook + External Monitor Display | How do I activate the functions on the F3 and F4 buttons on the keyboard? »