New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

problems with vodafone mobile connect

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ayjay

ayjay is on a distinguished road

Hi, im new to this forum and also new to my (new) iMac. Already, I am having problems with it. I have one of the Huawei 3g modems on Vodafone. When I install the Mac software for it, and try to run the software, it tells me 'An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down.' and it refuses to open. Are there any known fixes to this error,or should I just download a different version of the software? Could it be due to the fact that the software version is incompatible with Intel Macs? Thanks in advance for your advice.
QUOTE Thanks
Marklin

Marklin is on a distinguished road

Hi, Try removing the Nova Media file
It worked for me

Later
QUOTE Thanks
chria

chria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklin View Post
Hi, Try removing the Nova Media file
It worked for me

Later
Hi,
I have the same problem.
Which Nova Media file do you mean? Where is it located?

PS.: Why can't the people at Vodafone (or Huawei) write proper Software? (rhetoric question)
Going online with GPRS and a Mac is really big trouble.
QUOTE Thanks
ditechspain

ditechspain is on a distinguished road

I have the same porblem since I tired to update the software. i was on version 6 which has worked fine since I found it in February. VOdafone Esdana couldn´t actually supply the right driver. However since trying to update I just get this nil exception message, and even trying to go back to the first vertion has not cured the porblem.

Any clues would be appreciated as this service is not cheap and my local vodafone comapny (Spain=) doesn´t actually understand the concept of cuistomer service.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hard Drive Compatibility | Does formating the hard disk decrease its life span? »