Thread: Wireless card

Quintheeskimo66
    Question Wireless card
    Hi,
    I recently aquired my first Mac, it's a G3 Wallstreet Powerbook. I'm looking for a card that I can connect to my D-link wireless router. It's 802.11b. I can't get the D-link cards that I used in my Windows laptop to work, and the D-link people say they don't support Mac for my configuration.
    Does anyone know of a good 802.11b compliant card that I can use? I don't think my Wallstreet will accept the airport card. At least not internally. Can I use the airport card in the PC card slot?

Thanks

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    You can look into one of the MacWireless cards, or the Proxim Orinoco Silver card.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

Quintheeskimo66
    Thanks for the info. I've been doing some research and I like the sound of the Orinoco Silver card. The only problem that I've found is that I can't find where it is compatable with Mac. Where can I get drivers for it?

Thanks

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintheeskimo66
    Thanks for the info. I've been doing some research and I like the sound of the Orinoco Silver card. The only problem that I've found is that I can't find where it is compatable with Mac. Where can I get drivers for it?

Thanks
    There's some good info here about using wireless cards (including the Orinoco Silver) with the Wallstreet: http://homepage.mac.com/techedgeezine/cart_mac_pb4.html
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

Quintheeskimo66
    WOW! that's some great information in that web site. I went back and read the first article as well. Now I'm all psyched up to go out and upgrade my G3 to the max.
    Looks like I'm headed back to the blood bank to sell a few more pints to pay for the upgrades.

Thanks again Padawan, you have been a great help to a newbie.

Thread Information