New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Need Help!! Printer Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Patrick C!

Patrick C! is on a distinguished road

hey! okay well this is my problem so please bear with

Background: I had my printer fully working and functional when i bought my mac..... a few months passed and it was running slow so i formatted the drive and fresh installed OSX 10.4.6. everything is fine, recently i tried printing so i set up my original printer and it would just feed paper and not print anything , so i tried another printer i installed the driver and all its an HP Deskjet D4160 and the same problem! the printer just feeds the paper but prints nothing. Ive reinstalled the HP software many times with no improvement and also done every single check to see that everything is set up right.. now i need you guys to help me cause im out of ideas. Is it a bad install of OSX or is it a bug ? Note: i have not yet installed the Intel Combined Update (300mb) from software update ... could that be the key?

Thanks for taking the time to read that , and your help will be greatly appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
awrence

awrence will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz

Hi Patrick C
You say that you haven't printed for a time. I'm wondering if the cartridges haven't dried up.
QUOTE Thanks
Patrick C!

no they couldn't of I did a test print and it printed fine...
QUOTE Thanks
Patrick C!

One more thing.. I did a test print from HP printer utility and it printed fine bypassing the driver and other things... and it said if it printed fine then there is something wrong with my mac's printing system.... does anyone suggest a reinstall of osx?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Reformatting External HD to FAT32 | I Need your expertise re: Component Video »