New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Taking apart Apple keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i am on a mission to take apart my Apple keyboard so that i can fully clean it and see if there is anything fun that can be done with it.

My main issue is removing the three small hex screws from the bottom of the keyboard. Does anybody know what size the screws are and where i can find the bit to take it apart?

help will be greatly appreciated and awarded

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

http://theminiblog.co.uk/archives/20...pple-keyboard/

Any help ?
Or a Mac book
http://mij.oltrelinux.com/ibook/cleaning_keyboard/
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i know how to take all the keys off of the keyboard.

What i really need to know is how to remove the three hex screws from the bottom of the keyboard, i cant find a hex driver small enough

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

A hardway store should have them small enough, not sure what size they are, but if you bring it with you, they should be able to help.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

Any shop selling tools should carry an allen key that small .You could even buy a little screwdriver set with the right size. The smallest I have in the house is 2mm You'll need one around 1 mm
QUOTE Thanks
Martin.

Martin. is a jewel in the roughMartin. is a jewel in the rough

i took my apple keyboard apart an put lights in it. you need a T5 Hex bit.

~Martin.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HP scanner and i-mac | Apple TV Bites Back: Modder Lockdown »