New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Left handed people + Mighty Mouse...how is it?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fiveightandten

fiveightandten has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Black 2.0GHz C2D- 120GB/2Gb * Mac Mini G4 1.42GHz- 80GB/512MB

I was wondering if any left handed people can tell me how the touch sensitive triggers on the MM respond to being used left handed. I've read all the complaints and my clicking style seems to be conducive to using the MM, but I just want to make sure there aren't any other issues i'm unaware of.

-Nick
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I'm left handed, but I always use my mice with my right hand.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD

You can switch what side you're going to use it on in the system prefs I think...

Owner of a '89 Mk2 Jetta
Can't forget those G3 iMacs!
QUOTE Thanks
fiveightandten

Mac Specs: Macbook Black 2.0GHz C2D- 120GB/2Gb * Mac Mini G4 1.42GHz- 80GB/512MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamMan View Post
You can switch what side you're going to use it on in the system prefs I think...
Thanks. Yeah, i'm sure you can change the primary button. I'm just wondering how the touch sensitive triggers work out when it's used like this...ie if they're completely symmetrical.

-Nick
QUOTE Thanks
awrence

awrence will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz

As a lefty I use the mouse in my right hand just like SCHWEB but use a wacom with my left. As regards sensitivity the buttons are symmetrical but is your hand?
QUOTE Thanks
fiveightandten

Quote:
Originally Posted by awrence View Post
As a lefty I use the mouse in my right hand just like SCHWEB but use a wacom with my left. As regards sensitivity the buttons are symmetrical but is your hand?
Thanks for the reply.

My hand isn't symmetrical as far as I can tell, and that's kind of the point. Take something like this, for instance:

The buttons aren't symmetrical, and it would be a nightmare to use left-handed. But at least you'd be able to *see* the buttons so you could click them. The triggers on the MM are invisible. I just want to make sure they're symmetrical, and not set up similar to the mouse above.

Example 2:

If the triggers on the MM (which again are invisible...the whole point behind me asking) are set up like this one, it's a non-issue and should be fine to use.

I appreciate the replies, though i'm not interested in changing how I use a mouse to cater to the MM...my curiosity is if the MM caters to me. Sounds like that's the case.

-Nick
QUOTE Thanks
awrence

Mac Specs: i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz

Nick
You do not have to use MM any other supermouse can be used on the mac. Logitech , for example also make mice for leftys such as us. As ICECREAMMAN says it is possible to set up the buttons anyway you like.

succes
QUOTE Thanks
fiveightandten

Quote:
Nick
You do not have to use MM any other supermouse can be used on the mac. Logitech , for example also make mice for leftys such as us. As ICECREAMMAN says it is possible to set up the buttons anyway you like.

succes
Thanks again for the reply. I'm actually using a Dell mouse now, so I know any mouse will work. The MM caught my attention because of the little scroll 'nipple' (ha) and the simple aesthetic design, and the fact that its an apple product, of course.

Thanks for the tip on the Logitech stuff, i'll see what they have to offer in contrast to the MM.

-Nick
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

Quote:
As regards sensitivity the buttons are symmetrical but is your hand?
LOL that's great :flower:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

I just tried my Mighty Mouse Left Handed.

It works GREAT Left Handed.

You open System Preferences, Mouse/Keyboard.

Set the Right button for Primary and the Left for Secondary.

It will work fine.

BUT

Remember to get normal Right Click on the MM to work, you have to LIFT YOUR LEFT FINGER.

Since now the buttons are REVERSED in the Mouse Settings, But not in the Mighty Mouse itself, You have to Still lift that finger that is normally on the Left button or the other will not work.

If that is not clear, people really don't know the Mighty Mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
awrence

Duh Wat???

58+10
At least we can find this one!?!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Quote:
Duh Wat???

58+10
At least we can find this one!?!
what are you saying?
QUOTE Thanks
awrence

My thoughts exactly
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
My thoughts exactly
what I said works. I know how the mighty mouse works.
QUOTE Thanks
awrence

dtravis7
Try this out for size....

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

What I am saying is that some explanations, although correct, are very hard to follow.

Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scroll down not working on Mighty Mouse??? | ps/2-usb funk : powerbook g4 not recognizing peripherals »