Specs:
    White MB 13.3" / iPod Nano 2nd gen
    HP PSC 1200 as a network printer
    Hello all,

I've recently bought a macbook, great, works good. The only problem I have sofar is that I can't seem to get my HP PSC 1200 printer (copier/scanner/printer model) working as a network printer in Mac OSX.

The Printer is connected to my linux machine, which serves it over Samba - so I do see the printer in MacOS in the add printer part, but I just can't find a driver for it.

On the HP site there's a download that you can install which makes the printer usable when connected directly to to the machine, but this is not what I want - I want to be able to print remotely to it.

Anyone any idea?

Thanks,

Jan

Mac doesnt support any drivers for HP, lols what u need is cannon, thats the ones that they support, i have a Canon PIXMA MP500 but its huge, it can print and scan, but im not sure what u want in size. But Hp is out of the question..mac just doesnt support it.

Mac doesnt support, Hp so ure gonna need Canon. I have a canon PIXMA MP500 but if u want something smaller i suggest not to go with what i got. But HP is out of the question, mac doesnt simply support any drivers for it, u need Cannon.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtas09 View Post
    Mac doesnt support any drivers for HP
    Wrong.
    I use an HP printer myself.
    The OP even said that the printer worked when directly connected to his machine.

To the OP, have you tried connecting the printer to your Mac directly and then using your Linux machine to connect to it in order to print?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
    Wrong.
    I use an HP printer myself.
    The OP even said that the printer worked when directly connected to his machine.

To the OP, have you tried connecting the printer to your Mac directly and then using your Linux machine to connect to it in order to print?
    Nope, I haven't tried that. It would seem kinda silly, since my linux machine is a desktop, and the Macbook is a laptop.

But I just tried it, and it works. So the drivers are fine, it's just that somehow I have to pry the driver into working over a network. Does anyone have any idea what the driver might look like? On windows, it's kinda obvious (.sys, .dll, .inf), but I'm kinda 'green' wrt Mac's

Specs:
    MacBook
    Just wondering if you were able to get your printer working over your network.
    If you haven't, here are a couple links to the Apple Support page that might help a bit:

Connecting to a network printer

Connecting to an IP printer

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Hello, my friend is having the same problem with the same printer. Did you ever figure out the solution?

Thanks...

Brian

Specs:
    Nope, I never got it to work... I just print postscript these days straight to my linux box, which then processes it.. works too

Thread Information