Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Other Hardware and Peripherals (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/)
-   -   Mighty mouse (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/56479-mighty-mouse.html)

twdawson 03-16-2007 08:13 AM

Mighty mouse

Hi all

Been using a wireless mighty mouse for a couple of months now, and have found that this thing consumes batteries so fast that its costing a bit to keep replacing them.
Anyone else found this or is it just mine.

RiDE 03-16-2007 08:29 AM

I agree, if you are using "basic" batteries.... I have found (though I was skeptical at first).. that the "digital" Batteries like the Energizer E2's last quite a while... a few months.

Reel1 03-16-2007 10:18 AM

I picked my MM in December put two batteries in and have not thought about them since. Strange that yours are dying so quickly

fleurya 03-18-2007 10:59 AM

Did the mouse come with batteries? I don't remember ever buying batteries for mine, and the batteries I had (whatever they were) lasted 4 months! I was very impressed/happy with that. My keyboard batteries are still working from when I originally purchased it back in November. But I really didn't use it it much until the end of December. Still, impressive.

yogi 03-18-2007 11:07 AM

Batteries were the reason I went with a wired keyboard and mouse. It's more cost effective and I never need to have nightmares about the day my keyboard dies and me not finding batteries anywhere in the house...

I am looking at the Logitech diNovo though, which is chargeable, only it has very limited Mac compatibility.

MacHeadCase 03-18-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twdawson (Post 349658)
Hi all

Been using a wireless mighty mouse for a couple of months now, and have found that this thing consumes batteries so fast that its costing a bit to keep replacing them.
Anyone else found this or is it just mine.

I use rechargeable batteries because it is better for the environment. I have two sets: one in use and the one ready to put in when the other set is spent and ready for a charge.

narf1899 03-18-2007 11:45 AM

i checked in the bluetooth section of mouse and keyboard prefs and both my keyboard and mouse have 4/5 battery left and i havent replaced them once...i bought em back in december...so almost 3 months and ony 1/5 used...at this rate they will last me over a year!
also, 1 question...do bluetooth devices use power when the computer is asleep?

fleurya 03-18-2007 12:22 PM

I don't think so. Otherwise they would wear out pretty fast. That was a major problem with early wireless keyboard/mouse combos. they started putting power switches on them and eventually made them "smart" enough to shut off automatically after a period of inactivity.

mac57 03-18-2007 01:18 PM

As an interesting comparison, I have a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo (Logitech S530). The mouse takes two AA batteries, the keyboard two AAA batteries. I got the S530 and my Mac together last May and I just had to replace both sets of batteries in the last week. So, they lasted for 10 months of pretty heavy use. I guess Logitech has done an OK job of power engineering on these devices.