New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Macbook won't print to WinXP printer - help please

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lisa

Lisa will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB

It's a Canon S250. It's 3-4 years old. It's listed as a supported printer for OS/X, but I haven't found any configuration that will work with it. Linksys says that because I can print from other wireless machines that it's not an issue with the router.

I've tried everything so I'm done - now I've given up and I'm shopping for a printer.
QUOTE Thanks
jacefox

jacefox is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD

Good luck on the new printer. Printers can be absolutely frustrating somedays.
QUOTE Thanks
_nelsonc

_nelsonc will become famous soon enough

I was having similar issues printing to an HP PSC3180. Everytime I would print I would get a NT_LOGIN error or some such nonsense. At the time, I was using a common user name and password which had a space in it. I eliminated the space in the user name on all three machines that I print from (2 Mac/ 1 XP) and now I can print fine. I can't seem to find the exact driver I need, but I found one for a similar HP printer and all is now well.

It took over 6 months of playing with things to get this to work including Bonjour, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
jacefox

Someone else mentioned the same thing about the name. I reset my user name so it had no space on all computers. I even setup the same user name and password for my Windows box as I had on my Macbook.

Bonjour just wouldn't work either. Forget why now, but I just couldn't get it to work.

But that was then - this is now. And now I'm loving my Macbook and able to print.

Now I get to go get my wife a Macbook. One less windows computer in the house. Life is good.
QUOTE Thanks
ciscodelfuego

ciscodelfuego is on a distinguished road

My HP 7300 printer that is connected to a WinXP machine/network worked out of the box using a hard network cable from my MacBook.

My problem is that it prints sssssssooooooo slow. 8 pages from the internet or a .pdf take over an hour. Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
jacefox

I don't know of anything that will speed your printing up other than to check the manufacturer's website.

Also, I did a forum search on "slow print" and found these two links that may be helpful.

Quick Newbie question about printing speed

Very S L O W printing with HP Laserjet 1200

Hope those two links help and good luck the HP. Let us know how it goes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« need help real quick! | Firmware update for Pioneer 110D? »