New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Sending photos from camera phone to mac via bluetooth

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

2dmention

2dmention is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16Ghz Intel iMac 20"

How do I send photos from a bluetooth enabled phone to a bluetooth mac? I went through all the steps to sync it, but it asks for login information to connect to the internet. I don't need to connect to the internet to DL photos from my phone to my computer, do I?
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

Make sure your mac is set to be discoverable, and from the phone simply select the photo, send via bluetooth, and pick the name of your mac when it comes up. You don't need to pair them, sync them or configure them in any particular way, just accept the file when it pops up.

If you do choose to pair them, though, you can do all kinds of things like send SMS straight from Address Book and sync contacts and calendar using iSync.
QUOTE Thanks
2dmention

Cant seem to get it to work. It doesn't detect anything. Do I have to type in the name that represents my computer name under bluetooth preferences settings? If that's the case, I can't enter an apostrophe. You'd think it would be simpler.
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I have a Motorola RAZR, and once I paired the MacBook with the phone, all I had to was connect to the phone from the MacBook and pull the photos down.

Once you're connected on your Mac, click on the little Bluetooth logo on the menu bar and select "Browse Device." You should be able to get your photos that way.

I never tried pushing the photos from the phone-- I always pull them from the phone to the Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
2dmention

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribiner23 View Post
I have a Motorola RAZR, and once I paired the MacBook with the phone, all I had to was connect to the phone from the MacBook and pull the photos down.

Once you're connected on your Mac, click on the little Bluetooth logo on the menu bar and select "Browse Device." You should be able to get your photos that way.

I never tried pushing the photos from the phone-- I always pull them from the phone to the Mac.
Clicked "Browse" under the bluetooth menus and it comes up in the box above, but it says "device does not have the necessary services."

Hmmmm.
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

It sounds like your phone has crippled firmware that won't allow bluetooth sending of pictures. I've known quite a few carriers who cripple phones in this way so you have to send them via premium email services.
QUOTE Thanks
2dmention

Somehow this doesn't surprise me. Greedy phone companies. Now I know - and knowing's half the battle.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« isight random apps | What Apple mouse would you guys recommend? »