New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Yet again....another eyetv hybrid problem

Thread Closed

mr g5

mr g5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM

This is my second hybrid, the first one has a faulty breakout adaptor.

I go to use the eyetv and there is no sound on any station. I get sound in itunes and everything else, just no sound with TV. I have it setup to use the external speakers and the volume is all the way up.

Any ideas?

If I get another one I might go up to the eyetv 250, but i'm scared to get another elgato product. I need something that I can inport analog video into and I would prefer that it has a tv tuner in it. I do like the eyetv software though.

Join the Mac-forums folding team By Clicking Here
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

Thats a weird one, my hybrid works perfect, so simple just plug n go.
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Check the Audio menu
Make sure the Mute hasn't been checked by accident
Also check the Audio output and make sure it's not set to Internal speakers
sometimes it's just a matter of trying all the options

Which connection are you using - the coax input, or the breakout cable or both. And I assume you do have the red and white audio cables from your device plugged into the EyeTV if you are using the breakout cable - if you are using the breakout cable there should be a minimum of three cables attached from your device in most cases.
If you are only trying one connection, also suggest trying the other.

Let me know what settings are selected in Audio if it still does not work.
Also, what device you are connecting and what cables you have attached, can assist better sometimes with that info.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
mr g5

mr g5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM

Well now for one reason its working fine. Thanks for the help though. I didn't change any settings and it working now I don't know why.

Also once in a while I get the message "The devise could not be initialized" and i just disconect then reconnect it and it works. Do you have this problem also?

Join the Mac-forums folding team By Clicking Here
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr g5 View Post
Also once in a while I get the message "The devise could not be initialized" and i just disconect then reconnect it and it works. Do you have this problem also?

Yes - but have not played with it enough yet to know why - still am primarily using my PC for this capability.

Think I've connected the EyeTV about 5 to 1, to help others vs. using it myself.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
rackerby

rackerby is on a distinguished road

"EyeTV reports “Device could not be initialized”"

http://faq.elgato.com/index.php/faq/more/494/
rackerby

rackerby is on a distinguished road

Well, after much back and forth with Elgato, it seems they are convinced that a small number of Hybrid units might have a fault (I apparently have two of them and mr g5 and bobtomay account for two more). So, they are going to send me *another* replacement unit. This time though, they will pre-test it. We shall see.
_
vasgou

vasgou is on a distinguished road

eyetv hybrid sound problem
I bought a eyetv receiver from America to use it in Europe.
No problem with the tune procedure with good quality of the tuned channels but the sound more -less for all the channels is bad with noise
I spoke to the technical support of the elgato systems but with no solution to my problem.
Any help
Thanks

imac - iphone 3G

Thread Closed

« USB flashdrive & Disk Utility problem | Need help with NTSF External HD »