New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook Pro - Logitech MX1000 Bluetooth Mouse Question.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nomios

nomios is on a distinguished road

Hello, I've been trying to browse the forums for anything on the bluetooth version of the MX1000 that is only available with the keyboard/mouse combo but I couldnt find much.

I've been using the wireless mighty mouse since I got my macbook pro 2 weeks ago. It's not bad for web surfing and such but it's rather uncomfortable for gaming as the right click can be a hassle sometimes.

I was wondering if anyone had the Bluetooth version of the mx1000 mouse and could let me know how it works. I've heard of people having problems not being able to assign keys with the non-BT version of the mouse and also problems with jumpyness around the screen.

Are there mac drivers available for this mouse? I know the non-BT version has drivers for mac, would these work just as well?

Also, has anyone tried the Microsoft Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer? And are the keys programmable in OSX?
QUOTE Thanks
zacknhs

zacknhs is on a distinguished road

i use this mouse. i owned the keyboard mouse combo from my last pc i had. so i have been using the mouse. but it has the same jumpy problems as the non bt. i also can not assign the keys. i downloaded the files from logitech's support page but i still can do all the things i could on my pc with it. so if i were you i would look for another alternative.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I've yet to find a bluetooth mouse that works as well as the wireless mighty mouse. Even the MS laser bluetooth mouse was jerky and inaccurate. But the mighty mouse comes with its own set of issues...

I'd see if you can find the bluetooth version of the MX Revolution that Logitech sells in a similar bundle, the non-bluetooth version is pretty fantastic.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will this card reader work on Intel iMac? | How do i use a shared back up disk safely? »