New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Quick Time Messed Me Up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dori

I have a new Emac at work, and today I tried to open a picture that was sent email, and I opened it in quick time. After I did that, the resolution of my computer was messed up big time. I can't even do pictures in Photoshop because they don't look right. Can someone please help me???
QUOTE Thanks
WilliS

um....

1. go to the apple in the upper left hand corner
2. click it
3. go down to system preferences
4. click it
5. in the new window that pops up, click on displays
6. the window transforms into a display screen..my bet is you have it on a small resolution (800x600 or 640x480) scroll down to a lager resolution like 1024x768 or 1280 x 1024 whichever looks best
7. hold command (the key next to the spacebar) and then press Q

now you should have your screen back to normal size? (this is assuming all quicktime did was mess up your resolution)

also, when you want to open a picture, hold control and click on the file... when the box pops up, go to "open with" and choose preview or another application besides quicktime

hope this helps....if it doesnt, try to be more specific about the problem and i might be able to help you more :-\

good luck..and get a mac at home *wink* *wink* ...
QUOTE Thanks
Dori

I opened a jpg in Quick time, then copy and pasted into a Quark 8x11 blank page, then when I tried to resize it, my computer's resolution started messing up. We have reloaded all the software, and still nothing changed. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
metallimaniac

try System Preferences/Display/then change the resolution, that mite help.
Or u could just open the photo with a different app, sayyyy Preview?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« bad things about the emac superdrive | How many levels of admin access? »