New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Random scanner question..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

For my online class, I have to scan my worksheets and e-mail them to my professor but lately they have been looking pretty crappy. I have an HP all in one scanner/printer thing. Does anyone know how I can improve the quality of my scan to make the paper look clearer?

I tried highering the resolution but I don't know if that works. I know this is random but any help is apperciated

P.S
I'm not sure if this was the right forum, so please move it if its not!

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

does the glass look foggy at all?

are the images text or pictures?

are you using HP software or something else?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
does the glass look foggy at all?Nope, it's clear

are the images text or pictures?Text and musical notes

are you using HP software or something else?Yes, I'm using the HP software that it came with.
I'll attach an image...
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (254.7 KB, 5 views)

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

ick...

i'm guessing you're talking about those weird diagonal stripes where the scan doesn't seem to be 'taking'?

that scanner could be hosed. though i'd try a software update if one is available (in windows, i'd say driver update, not sure if it really works the same in the mac world).

worse comes to worse, if you have a digital camera, you can try using that. just be in a well lit room, and don't use a flash. you may have to correct white balance for fluerescents if you're in a classroom environment. some models even come with a "copier" mode, though some of those switch the camera to black and white.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Thanks Eric, I'm going to look into the software update.

Ugh, stupid HP! It's the printer I got free with Macky.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

ah... yeah, i turned that down.

our household is printer and scannerless.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recommend a USB Mini Drive | burn DVD to play in a DVD player »