New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Wired to Wireless

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dennis

Dennis is on a distinguished road

I am toying with buying this unit but I have a question. I have a wired/wireless Linksys router. It connects a laptop (wireless) and a desktop (wired) to the internet. Neither computer shares anything with each other. All of the ITunes library and software resides on the desktop. I am assuming that the Apple Tv will come with some sort of software that will have to be installed so ITunes can recognize it. If I use the wireless feature of the Apple TV can a wired computer access it, via the router wirelessly?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

There is no reason it shouldn't be able to. If you turn on iTunes sharing your wired and wireless computers would be able to share/stream music right now.

QUOTE Thanks
MacGuy18

MacGuy18 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme

To stream video you need either an 802.11g or 802.11n network. The 802.11b won't stream.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...family=AppleTV
click what you need then look under the network section
QUOTE Thanks
Dennis

Dennis is on a distinguished road

I turned on sharing and verified both computers can see each others ITunes Library. Also, the router is 802.11g. So, based on this aTV should work in my system if I decide to buy it. Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dell.com and External Drives | Dell Bluetooth Keyboard »