New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

bad things about the emac superdrive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SM2k

Please post bad qualities of the current G4 emac with the superdrive. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
dante22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM2k
Please post bad qualities of the current G4 emac with the superdrive. Thanks
I wouldn't know, I have the new emac with the combo drive, being poor I opted to save $300. I do video on my local cable access and have access to dvd tech if needed. I don't understand the need for the superdrive. Being new to computers but not video I'm a little confused about what people are talking about.
I've put video on the net and have yet found the need to burn a dvd. I can and have burned cd's the only diff I can see is storage. Am I missing something here?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

the superdrive is great if you want to burn DVD's for people to view on their own standalone dvd-players or computers at dvd quality

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
dante22

[QUOTE=trpnmonkey41]the superdrive is great if you want to burn DVD's for people to view on their own standalone dvd-players or computers at dvd quality[/QUOTE
Do you mean like home movies, or slide shows? I'm afraid people might not want them (dvd's). At least on air or the web for whatever reasons people choose to watch. It's not like I'm taking them hostage. :p
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

videos. people make some home movies in iMovie and burn dvds in iDVD for family and friends

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
dante22

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
videos. people make some home movies in iMovie and burn dvds in iDVD for family and friends
Now I have to find a family? Does anyone know where I can get one at a discount seeing I'm on a limited income? :confused:
QUOTE Thanks
SM2k

yes you can go to the dog pound.
QUOTE Thanks
dante22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM2k
yes you can go to the dog pound.
meow! :p
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New eMac....some problems, help please :) | Quick Time Messed Me Up »