New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

second monitor for my imac.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gimpy

Gimpy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2

Im wanting to get a second monitor for my iMac. I have the core duo 20" and want to extend my desktop since I do a lot of graphics work and would like more screen real estate as it were. The obvious choice is the 20" apple display as its pretty much identical to the panel in the imac. But it is quite expensive. Is there a monitor with the same resolution out there that is as comparable to the apple display, preferably 20", I dont want them mis matched.
QUOTE Thanks
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver will become famous soon enough

You would have to do some looking around, but when it comes to monitors sometimes you get what you pay for, if you know what I mean.
QUOTE Thanks
vandal31593

vandal31593 is on a distinguished road

I think the 20" Apple monitor is your best choice right now if you want identical size and resolution monitors. I've played around on a 20" apple monitor before and the resolution is amazing. If I owned a apple desktop and if i was on a low budget, i would definitely buy this over other monitors.

iMac C2D
Macbook Pro CDuo
iPhone 3G 8GB
twitter.com/hadimirza
QUOTE Thanks
Gimpy

Gimpy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2

I thought it would ahve to be the apple display in the end like, its the exact same size and resolution as my mac so its the best bet I guess.

Cheers guys :headphone
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« epson dx 3800 | LaCie external d2 DVD burner »