New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Samsung T-629 Sync with Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Merry Christmas Guys,

I got my wife a Samsung T-629 for Christmas, expecting that it would sync to the Mac ok (as the sales person aid it would (!!)) and anyway, I didn't do my homework and it turns out it doesn't work.

So, quick decision time. Do I take it back or is there a workaround? I have tried Onsync which just comes up with an error. I've just been researching and Samsung seem notoriously Mac unfriendly, which to me seems like a good reason to take it back anyway and let them know why.

Any advice?

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of

Now you're all back from the holidays... what do you think?

- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Seems Samsung is exceptionally Mac unfriendly - hopefully a 3rd party will sort this issue out. Funny that my 3 year old k700i from Sony Ericsson actually works fine.

- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Zoolook, this is entered as Projects: Modem Script for Samsung t509/t629 on OS-X (Tim Hatch) on del.icio.us / b1tw1se /. Once I linked to the article in question, only the Samsung T509 is mentioned. Maybe you can give it a shot anyway? About The t509 EDGE Script.

This seems to be only for internet access though?... Maybe that would help in synching?

Hope this works. :girl:
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Ahah! How about OnSync?

Darn! The T-629 doesn't seem to be listed in the supported cell phones list but the T-509 is.

Argh!
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
Ahah! How about OnSync?

Darn! The T-629 doesn't seem to be listed in the supported cell phones list but the T-509 is.

Argh!
I tried Onsync as mentioned in my original post, but it came up with an error message saying it cannot access the address book in the phone, possibly because the T-629 is different from the T-509 internally.

Perhaps this app will get support shortly?

- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Doh! Sorry 'bout dat! Didn't see it. *Blush*

Why don't you email the developer if you can find a way to contact him/her? They're usually very open and are quite happy to get user feedback. That has been my experience as a Mac user and the shareware/freeware community.
QUOTE Thanks
origami

origami is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook

What do you mean by Sync? I have never done anything beyond transferring songs and pictures between my Macbook and my Samsung Cingular Sync. But what I did was successful, although it took me quite some time to get them to connect. I also was able to connect a Sony Ericsson K610i and the Macbook.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Quote:
Originally Posted by origami View Post
What do you mean by Sync? I have never done anything beyond transferring songs and pictures between my Macbook and my Samsung Cingular Sync. But what I did was successful, although it took me quite some time to get them to connect. I also was able to connect a Sony Ericsson K610i and the Macbook.
I mean sync tasks and entries in Entourage or iCal/Address book.

It's very useful to be able to edit email addresses, notes ad birthday's etc on the Mac and then have all the reminders and daily planning sent to your phone. I do this on my Sony Ericsson k700i.

Transferring files is very possible and in fact quite easy between the Samsung and the Mac. But adding someone to your address book from an email and then hitting sync, without even looking for your cell phone and have them entered, is pretty cool and useful.

- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
origami

origami is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook

Oh thanks for the explanation, I'll try syncing tonight!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Radeon X1900 XT | more memory problems and date problems with usb »