Question Can anybody help? I still have no answer - OS 10 Printing
    Hello,

I'm wondering, before I buy an iMac, whether I'll be able to print with it.

I currently have a Samsung Laser printer (SCX4100) on my wireless network, and it's shared with 3 or 4 windows computers. It's connected to one computer, which is connected to the router.

The router is 3com 802.11g. Will the iMac be able to print through the printer (in OS 10) and will it be able to use the internet wirelessly like my other Windows PCs?

Thanks.

Specs:
    20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
    I assume so...but your best bet is checking with the Manufacturer's support website or even the Apple Support Website. And Check if it is Compatible.
    Damien Healy
    iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    I hope this is not taken the wrong way, but I will tell you what I told my friend who kept asking this one question. A Router is a Router. WiFi is WiFi. If a router will work with a PC, it will work with a Mac and OSX if you set up the Mac correctly. There is no Mac only Router nor PC only Router.

As far as printing, depends on the printer and driver but it should work. Some though with certain drivers and printers have had issues printing to a printer attached to a windows machine, but most can be solved with the right driver.

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    as always i agree with dtravis7

contact your printers manufacturer re: os x support
    -chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by coach_z
    as always i agree with dtravis7

contact your printers manufacturer re: os x support
    -chris
    That's nice to know but dtravis7 never mentioned anything about contacting any support service!
    Damien Healy

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    As far as printing, depends on the printer and driver but it should work. Some though with certain drivers and printers have had issues printing to a printer attached to a windows machine, but most can be solved with the right driver.

OK thanks, I can't see my printer on the Apple site, do I have to call support, how else can I check?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    BIG D 04, if you feel I did wrong leave me negative Rep. I just answered the router question by the way.

To the OP, check the printers webpage. Do a search for the model and see if they mention OSX support. I was pretty sure that printer was OSX ready. Will check after dinner.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    BIG D 04, if you feel I did wrong leave me negative Rep. I just answered the router question by the way.
    I wasn't referring to your comments I was merely pointing out that you never mentioned anything about contacting Customer Support it was merely an observation for coach_z.

I actually thought your response was good straight forward and to the point!

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Damien Healy

Specs:
    Not a problem. It's been a long day sorting out Winderz problems on peoples infected Windows machines! :alien:

Specs:
    MacBook
    Welcome to the forums! :black:

We are here to help, but there are some Forum Rules that must be adhered to. One of those is no cross-posting. This is the third time you have posted this same question in different forums here in less than two hours. I am glad that you have received some responses, though they do take time. Forums are not a way to get an immediate response to a question. Posting multiple times will not get you an answer faster so please try to be a little patient with questions you post.
    Consider this a warning and please refrain from cross-posting in the future.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information