Thread: Mighty Mouse

Specs:
    G4 iBook
    Mighty Mouse
    To all who have purchased a Mighty Mouse in the past:

Have you ever had your right click disappear? I purchased mine second hand, but all seemed to be working fine. It is configured to act as two separate mouse buttons. But after a while of use, the right button will become harder to find, so when attempting to do a right click, i'll get a left.
    Eventually right click is no longer possible until the mouse is switched off then back on again.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced this?

That aside, I know the mighty mouse gets a mixed review, but I think it's great!

Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    Is this a a wireless mighty mouse? I have read this complaint repeatedly for the wireless version, but not for the wired version. I am using the wired version and the right click works fine.
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

T.P.
    Me too.
    My mighty Mouse doesnt right click period. It sucks and it is wired. Is there something in my settings i can change? Thanks.

Specs:
    20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
    Quote Originally Posted by T.P.
    My mighty Mouse doesnt right click period. It sucks and it is wired. Is there something in my settings i can change? Thanks.
    Well have you first got right-click enabled? :s
    Damien Healy
    iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |

T.P.
    Ok.
    I am a super noob to Mac's how do i enable it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Specs:
    20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
    I am a super noob to Mac's how do i enable it. Thanks in advance for your help.
    System Preferences---> Keyboard and Mouse---> Click the Mouse Tab

Then change the Drop Down Box labelled Primary Button (the one on the right) to Secondary Button. And there you have it!
    Damien Healy
    iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |

Tanuki
    I own the wireless Mighty Mouse and I can confirm the complaint.
    It does indeed have problem of not being able to recognize the right click about 70% of the time. It is very frustrating having a button that is not fully reliable. I really hope that Apple would issue some kind of fix for this problem, otherwise, I'm gonna have to resort to using my ugly but reliable Logitech mouse.

T.P.
    Thanks big D!!!!!

Specs:
    G4 iBook
    Quote Originally Posted by mac57
    Is this a a wireless mighty mouse?
    Yes, my one is wireless. I'm glad it's not just me that's had this problem. It is ridiculous.

With regards to Apple releasing a fix.. Mine is definitely hardware related, as when I reset the mouse, it works fine.

Looks the part, but for functionality, in my opinion it's a waste of money.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Did you install the software from the CD provided? If not Install it. Also go into the Mouse settings AFTER the software is installed and make sure that
    where it points to the right click area Secondary Button is selected. Also you HAVE to lift your LEFT finger slightly off the surface of the mouse or Right Click will not register.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    G4 iBook
    Ok, dragging this thread back up, as the issue is really annoying me. I've never dealt with Apple's return policies.

Do you think Apple would be willing to replace my Mighty Mouse? As the right click functionality has completely gone now. Slowly got worse and worse, and now doesn't work at all.

The right click on my wireless Mighty Mouse is also not working unless i switch the mouse off and on.

Specs:
    13" 2.4GHz MBP, 32GB iPhone 4, 32GB iPhone 4
    I have the wired Mighty Mouse. The problem I am having is a little different. Each day this week after browsing different web sites online the mouse refuses to left click. When I click on the left side of the mouse it registers as a right-click. It's very frustrating. I am thinking of just hooking up a mouse from one of my PC's.

Anyone else have that problem with the wired version?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Check the Mouse panel under System Preferences and be sure that somehow the left button is set for Primary Button. Otherwise I have never seen your problem. I have 3 wired MM's.

Thread Information