Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Usb 2.0 Drivers

  1. #1


    Member Since
    Sep 11, 2004
    Posts
    62
    Usb 2.0 Drivers
    I bought a USB 2.0 PCI card and installed and although it is registered on my system profile and says it is a "high speed usb bus" I cannot connect my ipod or any other device. I have a Powermac MDD dual 1.25ghz if that helps anybody.

    Do I need to d/l drivers? Because the place where I purhcased it said it would be plug-in-play.

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Sep 11, 2004
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_Ty
    I bought a USB 2.0 PCI card and installed and although it is registered on my system profile and says it is a "high speed usb bus" I cannot connect my ipod or any other device. I have a Powermac MDD dual 1.25ghz if that helps anybody.

    Do I need to d/l drivers? Because the place where I purhcased it said it would be plug-in-play.
    PLEASE

    ANYONE

  3. #3

    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,906
    Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_Ty
    I bought a USB 2.0 PCI card and installed and although it is registered on my system profile and says it is a "high speed usb bus" I cannot connect my ipod or any other device. I have a Powermac MDD dual 1.25ghz if that helps anybody.

    Do I need to d/l drivers? Because the place where I purhcased it said it would be plug-in-play.

    What brand and model is the card? I got one at CompUSA that said Mac OSX 10.2 and above and it works perfectally in Tiger. You say it's showing in More Info from the Apple menu as a high speed usb? If so it should work. What happens if you plug in your iPod or any other USB 2.0 device?

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Sep 11, 2004
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    What brand and model is the card? I got one at CompUSA that said Mac OSX 10.2 and above and it works perfectally in Tiger. You say it's showing in More Info from the Apple menu as a high speed usb? If so it should work. What happens if you plug in your iPod or any other USB 2.0 device?
    I plug anything in and nothing happens. Zip. Zero. Zilch. My ipod doesn't show up on my desktop. I'll get the brand name later and repost.

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Sep 11, 2004
    Posts
    62
    I purchased it from eBay so it's a generic brand. But here is the item# if that helps...200035610427.

    Please help.

  6. #6

    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,906
    Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Does that chip on the board say VIA?

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Sep 11, 2004
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    Does that chip on the board say VIA?
    I just pulled it out and, yes, it does say VIA on the chipset.

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Sep 11, 2004
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_Ty
    I just pulled it out and, yes, it does say VIA on the chipset.
    I d/l-ed the driver from VIA because on the chipset it says 6212L but now that everything works fine and dandy, my computer will not sleep...

    Any suggestions now?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. USB drivers help
    By ThatIrishGuy in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 11:38 AM
  2. XP Mac Drivers install - lost usb use Please help!
    By Bussta in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 07:14 AM
  3. GPS USB Mac Drivers
    By ianoutram in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 11:47 AM
  4. iMac USB drivers
    By esteyp in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 11:57 PM
  5. USB wireless drivers
    By esteyp in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •